Location : Aberdeen
The Business Intelligence and Data Analyst utilises their passion for reporting, analytics and data visualisation to drive BI initiatives for Core29 clients. The position will work with both IT and development professionals as well as key stakeholders across Core29 clients to understand the business needs, ensuring data is understandable, accessible and accurate through interactive reporting solutions to drive informed decision making.
The role of Business Intelligence and Data Analyst within Core29 must ensure high quality documented output, a business focussed delivery, and strict time management.
Typically, Core29 will scope requirements, meet key players, identify data gaps and make recommendations where improved data and reporting can lead to data driven decisions and improved business insights. We ensure the client has ownership of the reporting tools once implemented and we always remain independent and transparent throughout delivery.
Business Intelligence solutions with Core29 are not tied to any specific solution, so the BI Analyst can expect to work with a range of tools, such as Power BI, QlikView/QlikSense, and Tableau. Initially there will be a specific focus on Power BI.
The Business Intelligence and Data Analyst will:
- Visualise data for business customers through reports and queries
- Gather thorough business reporting requirements to produce useful solutions
- Have knowledge of optimal methods and best practise to ensure good performance when working with large data sets
- Design appropriate data models and ETL processes
- Be a data evangelist, able to direct change within an organisation to a more data oriented culture
- Administer Workspaces (Power BI) and reporting servers (Tableau, Qlik)
- Have an understanding of the licensing models and implementation of back-end infrastructure for BI solutions
- Ensure accuracy and appropriate validation is applied to reports
- Create technical and maintenance documentation
- Communicate across all levels of a business and with third parties.
- Experience with Microsoft Power BI, QlikView, QlikSense, Tableau or similar
- Experience with writing SQL queries (desirable)
- Be detail oriented and technically minded
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to express complex concepts in a straight-forward manner
- Able to function both as part of a team or as an individual, depending on the project